Tuesday, January 09, 2007

the lame blog/diary post

So this weekend I didn't do much of anything besides right some fairly mundane and time consuming reports. How's that for a Sunday night?! Saturday I met up with my old roommate and his girlfriend


I'm also in the process of applying for gradschools, I still want to learn more Chinese so I'm looking at another year in maybe PRC! Taiwan is beautiful but its too westernized an there is a strong dicincentive to learn Chinese, besides the foreigners I've met are all just modestly committed. The hardcore ones some of them have been here for years, if I went to China the money would be less but I could study more. Too many distractions here.


I started doing some volunteer work for Gigavox media hopefully I can spin it into an internship or reference of some kind. I'll also be studying more chinese so this already infrequent blog may drop off the Radar for a while. But I'm still alive so don't be worried.

As for things outside travel I really enjoyed this week's big ideas segment, check them out both are carrying some 'conservative' baggage but I'd say from different ranges of the field. Check it out. Click the link audio to listen.

Christopher Hitchins


Roger Scruton

No comments: